Saturday 2 August 2014

Let's Look Back at…July


This month has been pretty good for me in terms of my life outside book blogging, but it's also been a month where I've been asking myself, what do I want? In terms of book blogging, this month has not been so great. I've been pretty quiet on the blogging front, but hear me out! I started a new job right at the end of June so was busy settling into it, and then I went on holiday in the middle of July to Zante, which was just so good and I loved spending time with my friends and boyfriend. I actually spent my birthday there too! Since coming back from the holiday, I decided to try to step it up a notch as I want to get back into blogging and really get involved!

So without further ado, let's get on with the look back!

This month I read four books. Not great, but I still read! I more than likely would have read more if I hadn't gone on holiday as that was a week of no reading, but hey ho! What did I read this month? I read..

If I Stay

I also started reading Open Road Summer! Looking back at my July TBR post, I managed to read 3/7. I think looking back, 7 was a bit ambitious. I'm a slow reader plus I just have been so busy. I know, excuses, but seriously y'all, I am a slow reader.

As mentioned earlier, I went on holiday to Zante which was amazing and so much better than the 'girls holiday' I went on last year. I also had my birthday on the 19th, which I spent in Zante! Although it was the first birthday I didn't see my family, it was a great day nonetheless. It was our last full day so we hired a speedboat for the day and went to a tiny island called Turtle Island which was shaped a bit like a Turtle from a distance! 


Above are a couple of my snaps from our day on the speedboat/my birthday! As you can see, we've got the alcohol at the ready! But honestly, Turtle Island was a perfect way to spend the day, particularly my birthday, and I have never seen the Sea so blue. It was perfect.

In terms of what I intend to read this month, check out my August TBR for next month in my next post where I focus on which books I want to read in the coming month!

In August, I want to really focus on getting my blog back up and running. I've had a couple of thoughts on whether to spend a little money on a new blog design - nothing that's crazy expensive, but I just feel that my blog isn't exactly how I want it to be. I've also been considering a move to Wordpress - I've heard there is a feature that enables you to copy a previous post so that you can use it for a new one. The format of my review posts are always the same, so this would be great for me! As well as focusing on getting the blog back up, I also really want to improve the speed at which I I read books, even if it's just by a little bit! 

I decided to leave the 'How I Organise' feature alone for a while. I might revisit it in a couple of months time, but at the moment I just don't feel motivated to do it - did anyone find it helpful at all?


I think that's it for my July look back. I have to say, this month has been so good. I forgot to mention, but I received a sampler for Adi Alsaid's Let's Get Lost, which in turn made me go out and buy it! I also won a competition for an ARC of The 100 Society from @bookswithbite on twitter! It sounds quite good so I'm looking forward to getting into that!

All in all, July has been a crazy good month that I've enjoyed so much! I can't wait to carry on with the Summer in August, and am excited to see what this month brings in terms of books and blogging! 

No comments:

Post a Comment