Sunday 13 July 2014

Under the Never Sky

Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Pages: 374
Publisher: Atom
Source: Library
Rating: 4/5

Summary (from Good Reads): 
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.  Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive. If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

Hi everyone! When you read this, I'll be on holiday in Zante for the week! I've got a couple of posts lined up so follow me on Bloglovin' to stay tuned!

I've been wanting to read Under the Never Sky for quite some time, but never got round to it until now and let me tell you, I was not disappointed. At first, it took me a little while to get into the book, but I think that's more down to the fact that I was still in Contemporary book mode, rather than Fantasy book mode!


Under the Never Sky was quite fast paced, with a very good story line. I liked that there was a separation between both the main characters, and the way that Rossi had split the book into two almost by having chapters alternating between the characters. I thought this was good as it made sure we had an insight into both characters head and the way they were feeling throughout the book

I liked Aria, and how her character developed throughout the book. Her character really progressed throughout the book as she became much more confident and stronger. I also liked Perry, despite the fact that he had a little bit of a temper. 

This book featured adventure, but also had obstacles within the book that the characters had to overcome, which I enjoyed reading. I felt like this added an extra story to the main one, which was good. I love a good adventure/fantasy book, and seeing that I was in contemporary mode and didn't have much thought for it, the more I read, the more engaged I became. I think that the fact that this book was pretty full of adventures, this really helped to engage me in the story. There were times when I was at work, where all I wanted to do was read this book as I just felt that some of the parts of this book were just so good, that I wanted to keep on reading!

I can't wait to get my hands on the next book and get on with the series!


Have you read Under the Never Sky? If so, what did you think? If not, are you hoping to read it soon? Is it sat on your TBR list, or are you currently reading it now? Let me know what you thought of Under the Never Sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment