Tuesday 1 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme featured over at The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Classics I Want to Read.

I have to admit, I haven't really read any classics other than the ones they make you read in school.  However, there are a few 'classics' that I would like to read. Defining classic books can be quite hard though, because everyone will have a different idea of what a 'classic' book is. For me, I think of the old books written by Charles Dickens and the Bronte sisters, but I know there are people that will count Harry Potter as a classic. 

You know, I'm not the biggest fan of classics (I know, I know) because honestly, and this will sound so silly, but the language is so old and proper and it's because of this that I get bored easily. That's not even to mention that publishers decide to publish classic books with the tiniest writing I have ever seen, which I think is so it looks 'authentic', but it's like you need a magnifying glass to read it. And I've gone off topic..

So without further ado, here are some classics that I would like to read some day..

  1. The Great Gatsby
  2. Pride and Prejudice
  3. To Kill A Mockingbird
  4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  5. Little Women
  6. The Catcher in the Rye
  7. Nineteen Eighty-Four
  8. Wuthering Heights
  9. A Christmas Carol
  10. Lolita

What's your favourite Classic book? Have you read any on my list? What Classics do you want to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment