Tuesday 17 June 2014

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme featured over at The Broke and the Bookish.

There are so many books that I'm looking forward to that I hope to read this summer, despite that fact that I should be doing work for my AAT studies, plus I'm going on holiday and starting a new job! I'm really hoping I can read all, if not, most of these over the summer, however I am on a book ban at the moment...

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List

  1. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - After hearing so many great things about Jenny Han, and in particular, To All The Boys, I immediately went to go and snatch it up. It's now patiently waiting on my bookshelf waiting for me to devour it and I can't wait!
  2. What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I've heard some great things about Fitzpatrick's writing, so it's only natural that I had to add at least one book to my TBR list for summer. Besides, look at the gorgeous purples in the cover!
  3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - It's no secret that I loved Anna and the French Kiss, so I really can't wait to see what Perkin's has next for us! I am actually currently reading Lola and the Boy Next Door but still can't wait for this to come out so that I can get my hands on it!
  4. Trouble by Non Pratt - This is one that isn't necessarily a summer book, but it seems like a great contemporary and I can't wait to get into it, plus I've seen good reviews for it, which means that I'm really looking forward to it!
  5. Wish you Were Italian by Kristin Rae - I saw that quite a few people were raving about this, so after hearing the story was set in Italy, it went immediately to my TBR list. I love Italy, so real can't wait for this to transport me back there, even if it's only for a short time!
  6. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - So with BEA just passing, and seeing all the excitement that was surrounding Heir of Fire, I figured I should probably see what all of the fuss is about! I'm hoping to purchase this soon so I can finally see what I've been missing!
  7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - I loved Eleanor and Park, and have heard some really great things about more of Rowell's books. As I already have this one sitting on my shelves, it seems only fair that it's added to my TBR list. Plus, the cover is a gorgeous mint green which totally reminds me of summer!
  8. Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour - I read the first chapter as a 'sneak peek' last month and it captured my attention, so I'm hoping to carry on and read it all over summer! All I need now is to actually grab a copy..
  9. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord - Um, this is a total no brainer! The story line sounds great and it's set in Summer! Plus, I've seen so many good reviews for this book that I really want to read it this Summer!
  10. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - I've heard/seen a lot of praise for Jandy Nelson, and actually saw this in my local Waterstones and had my eye on it before I even knew how many bloggers loved her work, so I've added this to my TBR. It just seems like it has to be done!
  11. Pointe by Brandy Colbert - Now I know that this is a Summer TBR list, but I'm putting this on here as my Summer to Autumn transition book. As the summer winds down, I want to read something that is a little grittier, which this book seems to be, but it also seems like an enjoyable read. I think it'd be perfect for end of season Summer!

What books are on your Summer TBR list this year? Have you had chance to read any of the above? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Fangirl is on my top ten list for the summer as well. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I can't wait to read it either - it's currently sat on my shelf waiting for me!

      Delete