Wednesday 4 June 2014

May Recap


May was a great month for me. I've really started on work on this blog, and reading a whole lot more. I also feel like I've connected more to the blogging community since joining at the end of April/beginning of May. I was nominated for the Liebster Award and I even joined NetGalley, and was approved by a publisher within the first week or so of having it! So without further ado, let's take a look at May..

Books I Read:
Anna and the French Kiss
Monument 14
Eleanor and Park
Don't Even Think About ItThe Fault In Our Stars
We Were Liars (review up tomorrow!)

Books I Bought This Month:
Anna and the French Kiss
Monument 14
Lola and the Boy Next Door
Sky On Fire
Fangirl
Since You've Been Gone
We Were Liars
Trouble
To All The Boys I've Loved Before

TBR for June:
Since You've Been Gone
To All The Boys I've Loved Before
Lola and the Boy Next Door
Trouble
Fangirl
Under the Never Sky

Goals for June:

  • One of my goals for June is to make my reviews much more professional and fluent, yet keep a talkative style to them. I feel like my reviews are so unprofessional at the moment, which I know is down to experience, but I am so not used to reviewing books right now. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking about books, but actually reviewing makes me slightly nervous as all the words leave my brain!
  • Try to read way more books. If you've seen my 'Books I've Read' tab, you'll see that I've read less than 20 books so far this year! Kind of bad for a book blogger, but I've been so busy with college work, which kind of obviously takes a priority!
  • This is a a bit more long term goal than one I can complete in a month, but I want to get more involved and connected with other bloggers and their blogs, so I'm going to try and comment a lot more on others posts!
  • Another one of my long terms goals is trying to increase the speed in which I read books. I know this comes with time, but with my hopes of reading a lot more this month, I'm hoping that I'll see an improvement in how fast I read my books. 

So what've I got lined up for June?
I've got 3 exams in June before college is out for summer, so I'll be (trying) to concentrate on revising and learning the content for those. It's also my boyfriend's birthday and our 2 years in the middle of the month, so that means a night out and a day out for both of those! I'll also be fitting in lots of reading, especially since the World Cup starts next week, and my boyfriend is a total football nerd, so that means I'll be put to the side for the next month, which is good as it means I have more time to read!


So that's all from me for my May Recap! How has your May been? If you went to BEA, I am so insanely jealous! What have you got lined up for June? What books are on your June TBR?


2 comments:

  1. I love some of your goals for June :) I'm constantly evaluating the way I write reviews. Mine tend to be a little more formal-ish, but I always wish I was a little more chatty in them. It's hard to find that right balance! And it's great that you want to get more connected. I always have to remind myself to make time for commenting and interacting. I can't get on Twitter a lot because of my job, and it's hard to find time for commenting when there's so many other things to do. BUT I've found that when I make the effort, it's usually worth it. It reminds me of how much awesome stuff is out there in the blog world and how many fun people there are to chat with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! I know, right? I think that, in a way, my review writing is a bit bad at the moment as I'm still getting into the swing of things, but hopefully it'll keep improving. Oh definitely! I think interaction is a huge part of blogging, what with making friends with other bloggers, but also getting your blog out there and known! Yeah, I'm just so thankful that I've joined a blogging community that is so welcoming and just nice. It's also great to join a community that just gets you!

      Delete