Friday 27 June 2014

How I Organise…My Reviews


How I Organise.. is the weekly feature friday on the blog. It runs over 10 weeks, with this being the second week. 

As a book blogger, one of the main things I do is write reviews and talk about books. So how do I organise myself and know which books I read that I need to write a review for? At the moment, it's not that hard, but my little system, again, involves a good, old spreadsheet!


As you can see above, it is a very small system at the moment. I have the month read, the book title and author, and then my rating (which I think is going to be my new rating system!). I also put next to my rating 'Yes' or 'No', depending on if I've reviewed it or not - this isn't pictured, as you can see. This is actually quite helpful for the Monthly Recap posts as you can clearly see what you've read. It can also be helpful when doing the Yearly Recap!

As you can see, there are colours in the picture above. It sounds bad, but I can't remember why it's blue (I've gone onto the spreadsheet now and updated the blue cells to purple). The purple is for normal, physical books and the mint is for eBooks. I should also mention, if I receive any ARC's, I'll put a *ARC in the cell next to whether it's been rated or not. This could probably be placed better, such as between the Author and the Rating columns, but as it's a very rare occurrence for me to receive ARC's, I'm not too bothered about it at the moment! 

As I have exams at the moment and I'm switching to a new job, it's easy for me to know which books I've read and need to review and which I haven't, as I haven't been reading much, but after my exams I'm hoping to read 2-3 books a week, which means I'll be updating and using this system a whole lot more often. 

I hope this has been helpful, and that it's given some you some ideas as to how you can organise the books that you need to review. I know a lot of people like to use lists, but I like using Excel, plus it means I'm being just a little bit more eco friendly!


How do you organise your review lists? Was this helpful? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment