Monday 28 April 2014

Books I'm Excited to Read This May

There are a couple of books that I'm really looking forward to reading once I've FINALLY finished The Devil Wears Prada - I've wanted to read it ever since I saw the movie, which is one of my favourites, but I never got round to it until now…and still, I'm taking forever to get through it! So, I'm setting myself a goal to finish it by the beginning of May, like, within the first 10 days, which I know is a long shot because I just don't have that much time but I'll try!  Anyway, moving onto my 'list' of books I'm excited to read this May..





Anna and the French Kiss
I actually discovered this book when I wandered into Waterstones the other week. I was initially attracted to it because of the cover as I think it's so pretty but then I read the back of it and wanted it even more. So much that I couldn't really stop thinking about it. Then I read a few reviews on it and that just made me want it even more, so I caved in and it's now allllll mine.

I'm really looking forward to this one. I've heard so many great things about it, so really cannot wait to dive into it head first!
Monument 14
I first heard about this over on Amber's blog (The Mile Long Bookshelf) and couldn't get over how good it sounded, but I didn't want to invest in it just yet as I have a long list of books I'm still to read…that didn't really deter me though. I downloaded a sample from iBooks onto my phone just to see if I could get into it, and let me tell you, I cannot wait to get my mitts on it now! I bought it last night so can't wait for it to come!

Again, I heard good things about this one, both on Amber's blog, as well as Amazon, so I thought I might as well. I'm really looking forward to this one!


You're the One That I Want
I have to admit, whenever I read the cover, I get this sudden urge to burst into the Grease song, but have to restrain myself! I'm really looking forward to this book. I've read Giovanna's first novel 'Billy and Me', which I really enjoyed so I can't wait for this one. Oh, what I'd give to be able to get my hands on a copy now! This book isn't actually out until May 22nd, but is already available for pre-order, plus you can download a sample from the iBooks store (I'm not sure if there's a sample for the Kindle!). 

I've heard good reviews of this already, so just hearing those reviews make me even more excited for this one!

Under the Never Sky
Another book that I've heard good reviews about is Under the Never Sky, which I'm really looking forward to. I've managed to borrow this one from the library as although I would like to have my own copy, I've already bought two books for this month, with another load sitting waiting to be read! 

I'll let you into a secret, I actually took this book out towards the end of last year, but never had time to read it so had to send it back sadly, but I've got it back again and I'm ready to give it a go..providing I actually get the time! This could be one where I intend to read it in this month, but just don't have the time!




So, four books on my list - 3 already out, and one on it's way. I realise this is a small list, but I don't want to set myself a target to read 10 books, because let's be honest, that's not going to happen, as much as I would love it - work and my AAT course/revision take up so much of time/life that I barely have enough time to do anything else!

What are you guys most excited to read this May? Have you read any of the books on my list? What books have you read in April that you'd recommend for me to read?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the others, but Monument 14 is so good! I'm really excited for the third book to come out in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna! I'd never heard of it until seeing a review on The Mile Long Bookshelf blog but read a sample whilst waiting for it to arrive and already liked it - can't wait to get through it as it sounds great! Do you have any recommendations of other books at all? :)

      Delete